More and more often, travelers find themselves relying on their mobile devices to navigate and search for information in unfamiliar places. The Paesi OnLine website is crowdsourced with photos, articles and comments, which would prove to be an extremely helpful tool for travelers on the go.
To bring a new level of comfort to traveling, iperdesign and Paesi OnLine agreed that their web portal should be easily accessible from mobile devices. We teamed up to create a collection of easy-to-use travel guide apps for the iPhone and iPad platforms, breathing new life into the adventures that await in Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, and Amsterdam.
The Berlin city guide is the first app we developed for the Paesi OnLine collection. Shortly after the Berlin launch, city guide apps for Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome and Amsterdam were released with identical layouts and structure to increase brand recognition and consistency across the full suite.
Each of the five apps are characterized by a structured navigation menu with vertical and horizontal bars. Users can easily access detailed maps, telephone numbers and email addresses of local points of interest, along with a refresh button that allows the user to be updated on local attractions. We made it really simple for users to get customized results by integrating a GPS geolocation feature that provides activity options within walking distance of their current location. We also designed the app to function offline without an active Internet connection, enabling travelers to avoid the cost of international roaming.
• Offline city maps with the option to filter points of interest by category and avoid international roaming fees
• Available in five languages: English, Italian, Spanish, German, and French
• Eight helpful categories: Overview, Attractions, Where to Stay, Food + Drink, Things to Do, Entertainment, Shopping, and Itineraries
• Detailed descriptions and contact information for all the best attractions and notable places to visit
• Invaluable ratings from fellow Paesi OnLine users
• GPS geolocation functionality to find the best attractions within walking distance
• Easy sharing of content through Facebook, Twitter and email